The information space can only increase the negative impact on modern people. Constant psychological risks and nervousness can lead to unmotivated aggression and nervous breakdowns, apathy and depression, as well as constant anxiety.
Recently, one of the most common reasons for seeking a psychologist is anxiety. The world is changing too fast. For example, quarantine is suddenly announced or news of new strains of the coronavirus arrives. The information space only intensifies the negative impact on people. As a result, the situations of uncertainty are really many, and how to deal with these consequences is not always clear, says psychologist Evgenia Shepeleva to “Arguments and Facts”. “The psyche of a person who is accustomed to living within certain limits, school-institute-work or work-home-vacation, is experiencing significant overload. The plasticity of the neural connections in the brain is not so high, it is difficult for a person to cope with the emerging pressure. As a result, there is a feeling of anxiety, “explains the psychologist. What can the state of anxiety lead to? What is anxiety? The symptoms can be completely different, they appear suddenly and can remain for a long time.
• A feeling of fear that is instilled after certain information.
• Constant obsessive thoughts that do not help solve problems, but only torment. Closed logic effect.
• Intense feeling of hopelessness, apathy, loss of interest in life, communication, even food.
• Painful feeling of discomfort with people. Desire for solitude.
• Decreased concentration, inability to focus on a specific issue.
• Obsessive actions that do not lead to effective solutions.
• A feeling of insecurity and uncertainty, which paralyzes and makes you not seek solutions to important issues at all.
To work with anxiety it is necessary to turn to a specialist depending on their intensity: a psychologist, psychotherapist, psychiatrist. If the situation is serious and neglected, self-medication is unacceptable, only consultation with a specialist is required. It is always more effective to help yourself with the help of a professional who has trained and has experience than to mistakenly think that you will manage on your own, says Evgenia Shepeleva. Many people suffer from this mental state but do not recognize it. Anxiety is the disease of the 21st century. It can be caused by many factors coming together under one name – stress.
1. Finding the source of anxiety and working on it It often happens that a person feels anxiety, but does not understand why it arose. “It is important to analyze the situation and eliminate the causes or symptoms of anxiety. For example, if you are afraid of losing a source of income, you can start further education, which will allow you to earn in any case. If it’s a matter of repression, you need to stop using this information and be aware of all the “scary” scenarios, mentally “preparing” for them, “advises the psychologist.
2. Quality rest Why anxious and stressed people are smarter than others Anxious people definitely live under constant stress, build strange habits such as trembling, stuttering, nail biting. But again … Read more
This aspect is often overlooked. In some cases, anxiety occurs due to high workload and lack of effective rest.
3. Risk analysis Instead of struggling with the consequences of the realization of risks and worrying about it, it is better to conduct a preventive analysis and think about what exactly is worth doing in case of adverse outcome, advises Shepeleva.
4. Creating multiple sources of income In a changing world, the knowledge that you will always have an income creates additional psychological resilience.
5. Communicating with positive and confident people 90% of anxiety cases have nothing to do with real hopelessness. Most often a solution can be found and it is important to have people next to you who can support you. Do not let the mind entice you, do not spin ineffective thoughts in your head, the specialist recommends.
6. Solving complex issues that arise You need to abandon systems when problems are not solved but “stretched”. Or you close your eyes to them. This can really lead to the realization of negative scenarios. Therefore, it will be more effective to resolve the issue than to live in a state of insecurity.
7. Recognizing the existence of uncertainty 4 facts about social phobia that are often overlooked
There is often a feeling that some are thriving and happy, and for others everything is “bad and scary.” The world is changing and it is foolish not to admit it. It is important to learn how to benefit from different events.
8. Complex situations happen Yes, a negative scenario can be realized. This is life. A sense of humor and a philosophical attitude towards it will always help. “Anxiety occurs in one form or another in every person. The responsibility for it lies with the person himself and it is important to help yourself to deal with this situation, and not to wait for “it will pass by itself”, sums up Evgenia Shepeleva.