On July 6, we celebrate World Kiss Day.
The date was proposed by Great Britain and was officially recognized by the United Nations in 1988. The holiday quickly gained popularity and began to be celebrated in different parts of the world.
1. 37% of men keep their eyes open while kissing, while 97% of women close theirs.
Here are some fun facts about kissing.
2. With just one kiss that lasts a minute, you can burn more than 26 calories. Imagine how many calories that makes if you and your man kiss all night, and day, and night, and day…
3. A study shows that while two people are kissing, almost every muscle in the body works.
4. Did you know that if you kiss someone with the same color as your hair, the experience will be much more passionate?
5. According to studies, a person receives about 25,000 kisses in a lifetime! Not bad, right? This includes all kinds, from the cheeky innocent to the knee-scratching rocking. Also, it turns out that on average, a person spends about 14 days of their life just kissing!
6. Imagine! There are special neurons in our brains that help us find each other’s lips even in the dark!
7. A kiss can be ten times more effective than morphine in reducing pain! This is because it activates the release of natural painkillers in the body.
8. The ancient Egyptians kissed only with their noses – without the involvement of the lips, let alone the tongue. What a waste, we would say! And if someone saw a couple kissing in medieval Italy, the lovebirds were forced to marry.
9. The longest kiss lasted 17 days, 10 hours and 30 minutes. It happened in Chicago in 1984.
10. And here’s something for the ladies – a kiss has an extraordinary beautifying effect! It makes the eyes sparkle and the skin glow!
11. And something for you moms and dads – babies who have been showered with kisses grow up to be more loving people.
Photo by Anya Juárez Tenorio : https://www.pexels.com/photo/a-portrait-of-a-happy-siblings-16823173/