If you are aged between 16 and 30 and work on a project with a European dimension, apply for the 2022 Charlemagne Youth Prize and win funds to further develop your initiative.
The European Parliament and the International Charlemagne Prize Foundation in Aachen award the Charlemagne Youth Prize every year to projects by young people with a strong EU dimension. Since 2008, more than 4,250 projects have competed for the prize.
Applications for 2022 are open until 13 February 2022 (23.59 CET).
The three winning projects will be chosen from 27 projects nominated by national juries in each EU country. The first prize is €7,500, second prize €5,000 and third prize €2,500. If the situation allows it, representatives of all 27 national winning projects will be invited to Aachen, Germany, on 24 May 2022 for the award ceremony.
Projects must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Promote European and international understanding
- Foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration
- Serve as a role model for young people living in Europe
- Offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
Read more information on the website of the Prize.
If you still have questions, you can email [email protected]
Charlemagne Youth Prize 2021
In 2021 the first prize went to the Czech Fakescape project, which uses games to teach young people how to think critically and spot fake news.
Read more about the 2020 and 2021 winners of the Charlemagne Youth Prize
Join the discussion on social media using the hashtag #ECYP2022Calendar
- Application deadline: 13 February 2022
- Selection of national winners: by 20 March
- European jury evaluation: 20 March to 11 April 2022
- Award ceremony in Aachen: 24 May 2022
Charlemagne Youth Prize