Join online event on Vocational Education and Training in Europe
The Commission of the Bishops’ Conferences of the European Union (COMECE) and Don Bosco International (DBI) are pleased to invite you to join the webinar “VET for integral and inclusive education in Europe” to be held on Thursday 3 June 2021, from 10:00 to 12:00 (CEST).
The current Covid-19 pandemic severely hit the EU Member States’ education systems, causing an educational emergency with repercussions on learners, apprentices, and workers.
In this context, two of the most recent EU provisions on Vocational Education and Training (VET) – the Osnabrück Declaration and the 2020 European Parliament Recommendations on VET – are a starting point to ensure that our societies can recover and become more resilient for the challenges ahead.
According to COMECE, the combination between education and practical training becomes fundamental to understand and accompany current and future needs of society and economy, while fostering a culture of education that is integral, participative and polyhedric.
The event aims to explore the recent achievements of EU institutions and EU Member States in the field of Vocational Education and Training, highlighting the contribution that VET providers are offering on the ground in EU countries and beyond.
The webinar will offer a platform to exchange on such issues together with:
- Ms Janine Costa, Education Attaché and Coordinator for Education, Youth and Sport of the Portuguese Permanent Representation to the EU;
- Mr Joao Santos, Senior Expert at DG EMPL of the European Commission,
- Ms Miriam Lexmann, MEP, Member of the EMPL Committee in the European Parliament;
- Mr Denis Leclerc, Association Maisons Don Bosco;
- Mr Paolo Nardi, Coordinator at COMETA Formazione;
- Mr Alfredo Garmendia from Centro San Viator, Red EBI and HETEL.
“VET for integral and inclusive education in Europe”
Thursday, 3 June 2021